Some people trying to install Mind
Reading from DVD onto an Apple Mac have reported problems. The main
program files have either a blank icon or a UNIX terminal window
icon which do not respond when clicked. This appears to be down
to corruption of files at the duplication stage. The only solution
for this is to replace the corrupt files. If you have a broadband
connection you can download these files from our server at the link
below. Alternatively, contact us to request the
files on CD. Once you have the replacement files, please follow
the instructions below.
Click here for replacement OS
9 and OS X files download (10.1 Mb) Compressed with Stuffit.
DVD-ROM file replacement instructions (OS 9 or OS X)
- These instructions presume you have already installed Mind
Reading according to the instructions in the accompanying manual.
If you have not installed Mind Reading please refer to your installation
manual. We have used screen grabs from OS X but the principle
is the same for OS 9. The OS X program files are clearly marked.
The other program files are for
- If the files do not automatically decompress when you download,
double click on the stuffed file.
- The unstuffed file will be a folder called "MR_replace".
- Open this folder and drag it to the left of your screen.
- Now open your hard drive (or where ever you installed Mind Reading)
and navigate to the place you have the MindReading folder. Open
the MindReading folder (we have displayed this in List View for
convenience) and if necessary drag it to the right hand side of
- Drag all the files from the MR_replace Folder into your installed
MindReading folder. These should be MindReading, MindReading (OSX),
MR_Manager, MR_Manager (OSX), xtras. When asked do you want to
replace these files say yes to all.
- That's it. You will notice that the Mac files now have icons.
You should now be able to run MindReading normally.