Some people trying to install Mind
Reading from the CDs onto an Apple Mac have reported problems. After
installing the files Mind Reading hangs at the first screen and
the only way to quit it is to use File/Force Quit. This appears to
be an issue with the file permissions settings. The solution is
fairly straight forward if you follow the instructions below. As
far as our investigation goes, it only seems to affect people using
OS X 10.3.
CD-ROM permissions correction instructions (OS X)
- These instructions presume you have already installed Mind
Reading according to the instructions in the accompanying manual.
If you have not installed Mind Reading please refer to your installation
manual. Once you have copied Mind Reading correctly onto your
machine, please follow the instructions below.
- Open the Mind Reading Folder (i.e. the one which contains the
OS X versions of the program). You should have a folder called
Apps in it.
- Click on it once and select Get Info from the File Menu
- If the Ownership and Permissions are set "Read only"
as below, you need to change them.
- The permissions should be set as per the image below. You should
only need to change the top one ("You can") and the
other will update. Leave the bottom two on Read Only. Once you
have set these to be correct, simply click on "Apply to enclosed
- Say OK to any warning and put in your password if asked. Do
not worry that the path to the files and the Owner name are different.
- That's it. You should find that Mind Reading now works.