For 2017 the Stationers’ Company is launching a new Graphic Books category in their Shine School Media Awards. The Awards are open to all secondary schools and are designed to encourage team work and develop interest in the world of print and publishing.
JKP will consider the winning entry of the Graphic Books category for publication.
Guidelines for entry:
The winning entry will explore either:
- A contemporary social issue of your choice, such as poverty, refugees, migration, social inequality, homelessness, the situation of a minority
- Or, a mental health issue of particular concern to young people, such as anxiety, exam stress, bullying, lack of confidence, depression
The Graphic Book should aim to leave the reader understanding more about the subject of the book, even to have changed their mind about it. Great Graphic Books combine words and pictures to say something similar that neither words nor pictures can do separately. Consider how your images support the text, and vice versa.
- Entries may be in full colour, a restricted colour palette, or black and white
- Page size should be a minimum of 120mm x 170mm and a maximum of 210mm x 298mm
- Extent, a minimum 8 pages
- The Competition is open to all secondary schools in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Eire
- The closing date for entries is the 7th April 2017
For more information and to enter, visit the Shine School Media Awards website. We look forward to seeing your submissions!