Louise Weston is a Registered Nurse from Queensland, Australia. She was the former co-ordinator of a monthly support group for non-spectrum (NS) partners and spouses of individuals with Asperger Syndrome (AS). Louise is happily married to her husband Graham. After they were married in 1999, Graham was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome.
Louise is the author of Connecting With Your Asperger Partner.
Graham and Louise’s Top 5 Tips for AS/NS Relationships:
- Accept each others’ differences.
- Have mutual respect.
- Maintain healthy boundaries.
- Use humour to diffuse conflict.
- Agree to disagree.
Helpful Tips from Louise:
- Discuss issues together regularly.
- Forgive quickly and often.
- NS’s: It’s imperative that you look after yourself – sleep and rest are vital.
Copyright © Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2012.