Jessica Kingsley Publishers is an award winning independent publisher specialising in autism, social work, counselling and related areas. Our new imprint, Singing Dragon, publishes authoritative books on Chinese medicine, complementary and alternative health and related subjects with an emphasis on health, wellbeing and personal development.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to develop new and existing sales channels in the UK, Europe and worldwide (excluding Australia, Canada and the USA). You will work across the full Jessica Kingsley Publishers and Singing Dragon lists, report to the Sales and Marketing Director, and manage a small team of sales and admin staff.
You will be responsible for:
- identifying and developing new special sales opportunities (through non-traditional outlets)
- maintaining and developing existing relationships with special sales partners
- developing and maintaining relationships with house accounts (key wholesalers, specialist trade accounts)
- managing and supporting our UK and European rep groups
- managing the distribution of our metadata to all our partners
We're looking for someone who:
- understands and can communicate the goals and ethos of the company
- sees the potential for sales with a variety of partners and can work with them to develop mutually beneficial relationships
- has excellent IT skills and can manipulate and analyse data (mostly in Excel) to produce reports and draw conclusions
- understands financial data and can assess profitability and set targets and budgets
- is excited by the changes in the book industry and eager to find new ways to reach customers.
Previous management experience is not necessary, but an excitement about the prospect of finding new routes to market is.
Please apply in writing with your CV and a covering letter, including details of your current salary, to Jemima Kingsley, Sales Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is based in our London office.