Number 45 in the Higher Education Policy series
Paperback: £30.00 / $55.00
1998, 234mm x 156mm / 9.25in x 6in, 320pp
ISBN: 978-1-85302-645-4, BIC 2: JNM JNC
Examining the patterns of change in relationships between higher education systems and the state throughout Europe, the contributors explore the main theoretical and policy options available to policymakers, and the issues they raise for governments, institutions and academics. The book covers the following themes:
· the funding of higher education
· the impacts of quality assurance and evaluation
· higher education and graduate employment
· managing diversity in higher education systems
· the impact of change on the internal structures of higher education institutions.
Changing Relationships Between Higher Education and the State provides both descriptive models of the relationships and authoritative and incisive analysis of the politics, economics and organisation of advanced learning in Europe today.
Martin Cave, Stephen Hanney, Mary Henkel and Maurice Kogan
Edited by Margaret Yelloly and Mary Henkel