Published by Singing Dragon
Paperback: £25.99 / $39.95
2012, 254mm x 177.8mm / 10in x 7in, 322pp
ISBN: 978-1-84819-074-0, BIC 2: VXHT1
'I Ching Acupuncture is a great read for acupuncture practitioners with an understanding of the theories and philosophies that are used in the art of TCM.'
- Journal of the Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists
'I am most delighted to welcome David Twicken's new book I Ching Acupuncture - The Balance Method. This book lays a solid foundation for understanding the background theories of acupuncture. The simplicity and clarity of presenting a profound subject is truly fantastic'
- Joseph Yu, founder of Feng Shui Research Center, Toronto, Canada
'I have followed David Twicken's work since 1998. He has authority of lineage and direct knowledge, which brings clarity and accuracy. This work is mature and it is my number one recommendation when learners ask me what resources there are for I Ching theory as it pertains to acupuncture.'
- William R. Morris, PhD, President, AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Austin, Texas
'The most brilliant, concise, penetrating synthesis of Taoist cycles ever done. Suddenly I Ching trigrams, ten-stem/twelve-branch Chinese calendar, yin-yang, five-phase, twelve hour body-clock and six channel medical theories all leap into sharp, unified focus. More amazingly, Twicken turns theory into easily grasped 'how-to' practice. Finally we have a clear map of Taoist body channels, natural models of healing and life-balance that acupuncturists, taiji and qigong players, energy healers, and feng shui and astrology adepts cannot do without.'
- Michael Winn, founder of HealingTaoUSA.com and co-author of seven Tao books with Mantak Chia
'In Classical Chinese Medicine, the highest level doctors utilize the Yijing to deepen their understanding of the medicine itself, and to enhance their clinical results. In his book I Ching Acupuncture - The Balance Method, David Twicken provides the serious practitioner a method for far-reaching healing through the guidance of the Yijing.'
- Master Zhongxian Wu, lineage holder of four schools of qigong and martial arts, and author of Vital Breath of the Dao, Seeking the Spirit of the Book of Change and Chinese Shamanic Cosmic Orbit Qigong
'There have been many books on the I Ching and Acupuncture, but rarely with such clear integration of a deeper and thorough understanding of this ancient philosophy and wisdom. David Twicken's book has given the readers what we need to know, 'The Balance Method' in learning and partaking in these treasures from the sages of the old China.'
- Master Chungliang Al Huang, founder of Living Tao Foundation and author of Embrace Tiger, Return To Mountain, Essential Tai Ji, Quantum Soup and The Chinese Book of Animal Powers
'Practitioners and enthusiasts of feng shui alike will discover far-reaching new insights about its underpinning elements in this new book by David Twicken... David has succeeded in translating complex theoretical information into easily read, practical applications with clarity and simplicity... the information he shares will be of direct value to feng shui practitioners... A worthwhile reference book, it deserves a place in your collection.'
- Feng Shui Society Newsletter
Heavenly Stems and Earthly Branches - TianGan DiZhi: The Keys to the Sublime
Master Zhongxian Wu and Dr Karin Taylor Wu
The Healing Power of Mudras: The Yoga of the Hands