2006, 234mm x 156mm / 9.25in x 6in, 240pp
ISBN: 978-1-84310-472-8, BIC 2: JFFG VFV VFVG
Not available from JKP in North America
Unnervingly clever, obsessively logical and infuriating to live with, but also disarmingly childlike and able to make you laugh - sound familiar?
As many as 1 in 100 people are affected by Asperger's Syndrome (AS), the high-functioning end of the autistic spectrum. With humour, optimism and compelling honesty throughout, this insightful handbook provides invaluable practical advice, including:
* AS facts and figures
* Asperger's questionnaires
* advice and guidelines on diagnosis
* Asperger's and employment
* how to handle the difficult times
* personal accounts from people with AS and their partners.
By researching expert opinion and telling her own gripping story, Barbara Jacobs reveals the truth about people with AS and those who love them.