Paperback: £19.99 / $45.00
2007, 246mm x 173mm / 10in x 7in, 408pp
ISBN: 978-1-84310-186-4, BIC 2: JKSN
This title is available for inspection.
This substantially revised, expanded and updated edition of the popular Handbook of Theory for Practice Teachers is a comprehensive summary of the theory, knowledge, research and evidence relating to practice learning in social care.
Focussing on knowledge-based practice with a focus on improving outcomes, the five sections of the book cover:
* the reasons and circumstances in which people may become social work service users
* a holistic consideration of assessment in general and specific contexts, including risk assessment and management
* methods of intervention, including cognitive behavioural social work, task centred practice, advocacy, crisis intervention, family therapy and group care
* the legal, policy, research and evidence context in which assessment and intervention occur, as well as interdisciplinary work and organisational aspects of social work practice
* reflective practice, evaluation and evidence based practice as integral parts of social workers' engagement with the complex needs of individuals outside the existing parameters of policy or research findings.
This key text is essential reading for students, practitioners and teachers in social work.
15 March 2011
Today is World Social Work Day and a perfect opportunity for us to join you in celebrating the important and challenging work that social workers do every day to make a difference! This annual event, organised by the International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW), focuses on social work contributions to society and is part of...
Edited by Joyce Lishman
Competence in Social Work Practice: A Practical Guide for Students and Professionals
Edited by Kieran O'Hagan
The Post-Qualifying Handbook for Social Workers
Edited by Wade Tovey
Understanding Attachment and Attachment Disorders: Theory, Evidence and Practice
Vivien Prior and Danya Glaser
Helping Children to Build Self-Esteem: A Photocopiable Activities Book
Deborah M. Plummer
Illustrated by Alice Harper